September 11 Memorial Unveiling Tuesday
Palm Harbor's memorial honoring the victims of the September 11 attacks will be unveiled during a special ceremony Tuesday. The memorial is located at Curlew Hills Memory Garden
Crews are putting the finishing touches on Palm Harbor's 9/11 Memorial.
This week, landscapers were working on the area surrounding the memorial, which is located at Curlew Hills Memory Gardens. Crews placed the Twin Towers on the memorial in August. Each tower weighs 4,000 lbs and is made from solid granite.
The project is the joint effort of Palm Harbor Fire Rescue and Curlew Hills Memory Gardens. A special ceremony was held last March for the memorial's groundbreaking.
On September 11, the memorial will be dedicated during a special ceremony that begins at 10 am at Curlew Hills Memory Gardens. The public is invited to attend.
The ceremony will include-
- Media Personality Jack Harris as the Master of Ceremonies
- Guest speaker, FDNY Battalion Chief Michael Gala Jr.
- Appearances by the Palm Harbor and East Lake Fire Rescue Honor Guards
- A fly over by the United States Coast Guard
- National Anthem sung by the Ozona Elementary School Choir
- Amazing Grace performed by the City of Dunedin Pipe Band
- Benediction by Dr. Aaron Walp, Clearwater Fire Rescue Chaplain
Curlew Hills Memory Gardens is located at 1750 Curlew Rd. (727) 789-2000.