More Than $4,000 Raised at Chili/Salsa Bowl
Four dogs from the Humane Society’s mobile adoption bus also found new homes during the event, which was held Jan.19 at East Lake Woodlands Country Club.
The Tampa Bay Society raised more than $4,000 and collected food, toys and bedding to benefit the Humane Society of Tampa Bay during its Annual Chili/Salsa Bowl at East Lake Woodlands Country Club on Jan. 19. Four dogs from the Humane Society’s mobile adoption bus also found new homes during the event. The Tampa Bay Society Chili/Salsa Bowl was the third fundraiser of its kind and attracted over 300 club members and guests.
Thirteen teams competed for trophies. Guests sampled entries and voted for "People’s Choice" winners-
- East Lake Woodlands Country Club member Erick Milton, won in the Best Salsa and Best Chili categories.
- Team Pinehurst Pub was the Amateur Salsa winner.
- Team Sand Peppers won the Amateur Chili prize.
- First-time contender Team Swords Salsa took the Pro Salsa award.
- Team Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club claimed the Best Pro Chili prize.
“The event gets better every year,” said Amy Jo Blevens, Area Network Manager for ClubCorp.
“Our greatest donation came from a selfless 5-year-old birthday girl, Keira Jane Graebner, who chose to receive donations for the animals in lieu of gifts, along with a handmade ‘We Love Pets’ banner presented to Humane Society of Tampa Bay at the event," said Blevens.
Proceeds from the event will be used to help end animal homelessness and provide care and comfort for companion animals in need through the Humane Society of Tampa Bay.
- 2012 Chili Runner-Up Jon Graebner
- Humane Society of Tampa Bay volunteer Linda Reitz
- Choreographer Deanna Dys
Thanks to the Tampa Bay Society for providing this information.
- Want the news delivered to your email box every morning? Subscribe to the East Lake Patch newsletter. Sign up here.