Want East Lake Fire's Santa Truck to Visit Your Home?
Each year Santa teams up with the East Lake Firefighters to deliver presents to the boys and girls in the East Lake area. Santa rides on the fire station's fully restored 1961 American LaFrance Fire Truck and makes personal stops to children's homes.
The annual sign up for the East Lake Fire Rescue Santa Truck is underway.
Each year, Santa Claus teams up with the East Lake Firefighters to deliver presents to the boys and girls in the East Lake area. Santa rides on the fire station's fully restored 1961 American LaFrance Fire Truck and makes personal stops to children's homes.
If you live in the East Lake area and would like the Santa Truck to visit your home during the holidays, you will need to sign up. Time slots fill up fast, so do not delay.
Organizers plan the fire truck's visits based on the number of children at the household, so be sure to include that information when you register.
To register, call East Lake Fire Rescue at (727) 784-8668 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Ask for Marianne.
If you are interested in having Santa visiting your home this year, please read the following guidelines below to sign up.
The program has become so popular, East Lake Fire Rescue has had to implement a few changes to handle as many children as possible. They ask that you follow the below guidelines in order to accommodate everyone:
- Gifts – one per child (shoebox size or smaller), with child’s name printed legibly on outside of gift.
- Put all gifts for your stop in one large BAG. Wrap family gifts together, put in smaller bag, then place in the large bag.
- The BAG remains at your stop. Hand it up to one of Santa’s helpers when the Santa Truck arrives.
- Please have your camera ready to take a “quick” family photo with Santa. Santa has lots of stops to make and he tries to stay on schedule.
- Block parties are encouraged.
- Designate one adult liaison per stop to help Santa if he has any questions, needs help pronouncing children’s names, etc.
- Santa’s helpers are off-duty firefighters and staff volunteering. Donations are greatly appreciated and help fund the Santa Program. Checks can be made payable to “East Lake Fire Rescue”.
- Rain Date: Dec. 22, by appointment only 10-11:30 a.m. Call our office to schedule.
- Any Questions, call us East lake Fire Rescue at 727-784-8668, Mon-Fri 8 to 4 pm.