If you and your dog are tiring of the same old walk around the block, you might want to check out the dog park at East Lake's John Chesnut Sr. Park.
The fenced dog park has lots of room for your dog to run and play. There are often other dogs there, which makes it a great option if you want your dog to socialize and get exercise with other dogs.
The dog park has two separate areas for pooches based on their size. So, if you have a small dog, you don't need to worry about him/her getting knocked around by a rambunctious large dog.
The play areas also feature water drinking stations, water cooling stations and disposable poop bags.
Some of the dog park is surrounded by trees, so there's shade, which helps on hot days.
There are rules for the dog park. We've listed a few below (the complete list of rules is shown in an accompanying photograph). The dog park rules are also posted at the entrance to the park.
- Handlers are limited to three dogs.
- Dogs should be licensed and vaccinated with a tag on their collar.
- Handlers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Children under 12 not permitted without a responsible adult.
- All dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited.
- No dogs under four months of age.
- No aggressive dogs.
John Chesnut Sr. Park is located at 2200 East Lake Rd.
- Want the news delivered to your email box every day? Subscribe to the East Lake Patch newsletter. It's free and we don't give out your email address. Sign up here.